When starting a business, advice from non profit organizations such as SCORE, Small Business Development Centers and the SBA can help you avoid common pitfalls.
- SCORE – is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship
- SBA –The U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
- SBDC – The University of La Verne Small Business Development Center (SBDC) stimulates economic growth in the East San Gabriel Valley by providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with expert consulting, effective training and access to resources.
- LABC -The Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) is renowned for its effective advocacy and educational programs throughout the region, and is a vital representative of business leaders from all industry sectors. The LABC provides its members with strong conduits to local, state and federal officials through targeted policy recommendations and key issue briefings.
- Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) was founded in 1981 as a private, nonprofit, public-benefit organization to harness the power of private sector in collaboration with L.A. County, to guide economic development and create more widely shared prosperity. LAEDC collaborates with all stakeholders in the region including education, business, and government.
- Workforce Investment Board – offers a variety of workforce and business development resources for Los Angeles County businesses through our Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs.
- IRS –Tax information for businesses
- Cal Gold – This website assists you in finding appropriate permit information for your business. It also provides contact information for the various agencies that administer & issue these permits.
- Worker’s Compensation
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Waste Management and State Regulations
- La Verne Library
- CA Department of Fair Employment and Housing The Department of Fair Employment and Housing provides free online training courses on preventing sexual harassment and abusive conduct in the workplace that satisfy California’s legal training requirements pursuant to Gov’t Code 12950.1
City of La Verne Important Telephone Numbers
3660 “D” Street
La Verne, CA 91750
Monday – Thursday 8AM to 6PM
Fridays and Weekends Closed
1st & 3rd Mondays 8AM to 6:30PM
|Department Phone Numbers
(909) area code:
|After Hours Emergency
La Verne Chamber of Commerce
2332 D Street, Unit E
La Verne, CA 91750